Sunday, May 16, 2010

Happy Sunday

Yesterday Lisa G. Riley and I did our annual workshop for Mayor Daley's Bookclub here in Chicago.  It's always a great time to meet old freinds as welas talk to the kids.  Each year we're amazed at how gifted and mature the kids are.

This is especially hard for me, even I think I sound  like an old fuddy duddy.  The kids are reading books with sex and violence and I want them to read about bunny rabbits and fluffy clouds.  Okay, maybe not that but when did all of the kids grown up so quickly.

There is a part of me that realize that they need to learn about the dangers of drugs, unprotected sex, guns and the likes but there still is a part of me that thinks we're chipping away at their carefree childhood, the pure innocence of being a kid.

Believe me I'm aware my wants are a bit backwards in today;s world.  That however doesn't prevent me from wanting it. Oh in case I forget, Lisa and I did enjoy being a of the conference again.

Namaste

Dyanne

No comments:

Lest Ye Be Judged

Lest Ye Be Judged
Adam Omega, returns vengeance