It would appear that I'm emerging from my self imposed cocoon of being a hermit. Yesterday, Bill, Billy and I actually treked to the south side of Chicago for my sister's 4th of July bar-b-que. Good food in abundance, (yes that's listed first. LOL) family and excitement.
My niece Tanya's middle child, Martese Jr. got stuck in the bathroom. All the men were working diligently on the door, I wanted to call the fire department. I have to tell you that this four year old behaved in a very brave manner, helping in his rescue by sliding the key to the bathroom to his daddy who was on the other side and has loosened the molding. After he was safe and sound everyone laughed that during all of the excitement, he'd forgotten to do what he'd gone into the bathroom for.
Shameless plug, I know. But I'm sure you'll forgive me.
Bolingbrook put on a wonderful display of fireworks and we were all glad we ventured out. In spite of crazy drivers we had a good time. And my hat's off to the Bolingbrook Police Officers who didn't make us move from the turning lane where we parked to watch. It was extra nice considering after we parked there several cars parked behind us. Now, I'm going to go over to Cici Edward's blog to see what she's up to. Check her out.