Friday, August 04, 2006

Romance Writers of America

I just returned from RWA's nation conference that was held this year in Atlanta. As a chapter president this was thrilling for me on many levels. I learned ways to make my chapter grow and remain strong and of course I met up with old friends and made new ones. I even managed to squeeze in a visit with family and a little shopping. Also $64,000 was raised for literacy. The one thing that distressed me most was that African American readers rushed past the African American authors without so much as a nod.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi, Dyanne. Glad the conference was productive for you, and thrilled that you guys were able to raise so much for literacy!

Lisa

F. D. Davis said...

Lisa, I was about ready to give up and just email you. I couldn't for the life of me figure out what button to push to write a message on your blog. And I still don't know. All of a sudden this little box shows up where it's suppossed to be and wa-la.

Anyhooooo I wanted to tell you that I love the picture of the Lake. This probably isn't in the right spot but this is me you're talking to so you know who it is. LOL. Take care.

Dyanne

F. D. Davis said...

This is pitiful, this post is on my own darn bloger. That's a shame.

Kimberly Kaye Terry said...

ROFL!!!! Sorry Dyanne, but girl I just had to laugh! Not at the readers rushing by ya'all without nary a nod, but at you saying "this is pitiful, this post is on my own darn blog" Oh my God, I'm cracking up! I need to have my narrow behind finishing Ridin' the Rails, for Parker. Don't tell Angel I said that ;)

much love,
~K

F. D. Davis said...

Kim,

You'd have to ask Lisa how many crazy things happen to me on a computer. I've given up trying to figure it out. LOL.

Lest Ye Be Judged

Lest Ye Be Judged
Adam Omega, returns vengeance