Sunday, June 07, 2015







I've been doing a lot of thinking lately on aging.  That's not so amazing considering I'm doing just that. But aren't we all? Every single day you live, you're aging.


But I wanted to tell you my latest aging story. I think the older we get we generally become afraid of losing certain things that make us who we are. Memory ranks number one. You can't help but wonder when you can't remember something if it's a symptom of a larger issue.

About a month or so ago we received a letter from NiCor Gas concerning our home solution protection.  I had no knowledge of  signing up for this program and was bound and determined to demand my money back. But first I had to find out how long they'd been taking my money. It took a month to remember to actually call. LOL.

I make the call, state we didn't sign up for this and how long have you been taking my money?  The answer: since 2001. I won't repeat the entire conversation to you because it would be boring. But my take away is this:  If I am losing my memory it's happening very slowly. 

Since we can't worry about what's going to happen later in life, we may as well live life to the fullest and enjoy every moment we're given. Snap some pictures, take a day trip, laugh a lot with the people you love. Do something you've held off on doing. 

I applaud my son for having that kind of spirit. 




Perhaps I'll take a daring walk without worrying about stray dogs.

What the heck, I'm taking my pepper spray and a stick.

Don't forget to check out my friend, Cici Edward. We're sticking to our blogging plan, and believe me, that's a challenge.  I'll congratulate the two of us on our success.

http://ciciedward.com/writerslife/

No comments:

Lest Ye Be Judged

Lest Ye Be Judged
Adam Omega, returns vengeance